On this episode we hear a recording of a library event featuring the reflections of several participants in the 2018 Charlottesville Community Civil Rights Pilgrimage.
- Katie read The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
- Abby read On the Come Up By Angie Thomas (and mentioned her debut novel, The Hate U Give)
Next, we have a recording of an event that took place at the Northside Library during June. We hear from six participants of the Charlottesville Community Civil Rights Pilgrimage last summer as well as one of the organizers, Dr. Jalane Schmidt.
Resources related to the Charlottesville Community Civil Rights Pilgrimage
- Digital Exhibit
- Encyclopedia Virginia Entry
- Equal Justice Initiative Lynching in America Report
- Albemarle County/EJI Community Remembrance Project
- Pilgrimage Facebook Page
- C-Ville Weekly Article
If you have books you’d like to recommend we read and discuss please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This podcast is made possible through generous support from the Friends of the Library. If you’d like to learn more or join the friends please head to their website.