In this episode, we hear a recording of a virtual program called Parenting with Neuroscience: Empathy, presented by Dr. Erin Clabough. We also talk about what we’re reading.
Next we hear the third in a four part series on parenting with neuroscience from UVa neuroscientist and professor Dr. Erin Clabough. This session focused on empathy.
Resources mentioned in Dr. Clabough’s presentation:
- Greater Good in Action: Active Listening
- Greater Good in Action: Capitalizing on Positive Events
- Greater Good in Action: Eliciting Altruism
- Dr. Clabough’s website
- Dr. Clabough’s book: Second Nature
Keep up with her other sessions through the following links:
- JMRL’s Youtube Account
- Video of this event
- Video of the first event in this series
- Video of the second event in this series
- Video of the final event in this series
Follow JMRL’s progress through the tiers of the JMRL COVID-19 Response Plan.
For branch details:
If you have books you’d like to recommend we read and discuss please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This podcast is made possible through generous support from the Friends of the Library. If you’d like to learn more or join the friends please head to their website.